We are facing a global, social and environmental emergency and at Saïd Business School we know that business has a leading role to play in delivering a sustainable economic future.
Read more about our commitment to environmental sustainability in our Environmental Policy.
The hurdles we must overcome
- Reconciling economic growth with its environmental and social impact
- Lack of common understanding and agreement about the systemic change needed for collective action
- The long-term, existential and global scale of the problem
Why the moment is now?
We all need to work urgently to:
- Limit global warming to 1.5 degrees
- Agree global biodiversity targets
- Drive operational and cultural changes so businesses can deliver sustainable business models
- Address growing income and wealth inequality across the globe
Our people are watching and our people are taking note … Can there be peace and prosperity if one-third of the world lives in prosperity and two-thirds live underseas and face calamitous threats to our wellbeing?
Our 5 point climate plan
The staff and students at Saïd Business School, alongside our alumni and our wider business community, are united in our determination to tackle the climate emergency.
Our plans align with the University of Oxford’s Environmental Sustainability Strategy to address the global challenges of climate change and biodiversity loss.
We may not have all the answers, but we’re not going to let that hold us back from taking meaningful climate action.
We are, after all, the greatest problem solvers to have ever existed on Earth. If working apart, we are a force powerful enough to destabilise our planet. Surely working together, we are powerful enough to save it.