Scott is a partner with Ventac Partners, a global venture catalyst and life science consulting firm. This consists of seasoned professionals with strong histories of creating, leading, and growing life science companies.
Spanning the entire life science and biopharma spectrum, the firm's mission consists of:
- Driving portfolio companies to profitable exit and preparing select life science opportunities for future investment
- Steering and growing companies by developing and executing strategic business plans while serving in key leadership positions (co-founder, BOD/Chairman, CxO and interim management teams)
- Consulting with industry and serving on life science boards outside Ventac Partners
- Spinning out university inventions, commercialising them, and/or incorporating them into the Ventac portfolio
- Prior to joining Ventac Partners, Scott accumulated 15 years' experience in healthcare and biopharma as a consultant and through senior executive roles in the United States and Europe. Through his consulting company, Scott has worked with private equity groups, providing market analysis and due diligence. He has assisted numerous worldwide biopharma clients with their business development activities, from strategy planning to execution.
Scott holds graduate degrees from Old Dominion University and Eastern Virginia Medical School in the United States.
In addition to his work with Oxford University, he lectures on the graduate programme in Bioscience Enterprise at Cambridge University. He also serves as an instructor for industry executive management courses, and lectures at Copenhagen Business School’s Bio-Entrepreneurship graduate programme. This is aimed at preparing students from the MBA and life science graduate programmes to move scientific ideas from bench to commercialisation.