Saïd Business School
University of Oxford
Park End Street
Chris Woodhouse is Chief Executive of Tilney Group, a national private equity-backed financial planning and investment management business.
Chris has also previously held the following positions:
- CEO of RAC Ltd, the second largest UK roadside assistance provider.
- Deputy Chief Executive of Debenhams plc following a buy-in backed by CVC, Texas Pacific, and Merrill Lynch Global Private Equity.
- Deputy Chairman of Halfords, a buyout backed by CVC. Following a successful Stock Market listing in June 2004, Halfords was judged British Private Equity and Venture Capital Association large deal of the year.
- Commercial Director and Deputy Chief Executive of Homebase, a buyout backed by Permira, where a threefold improvement in operating profit was achieved prior to its sale to GUS plc. Following the sale, Homebase was judged European Venture Capital large deal of the year.
- Commercial Director of the Birthdays Group following a buyout backed by Permira and PPM Ventures.
- Various finance director posts, including Superdrug, which was then a division of Kingfisher plc.
Chris is also a former Chair of the Gondola Group, a market leader in the UK dining sector, operating Pizza Express, Zizzi and ASK, employing over 15,000 people.
Chris is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants. He was voted Finance Director of the Year 2002/03 and he is also an associate member of the Association of Corporate Treasurers.