Saïd Business School
University of Oxford
Park End Street
Chris Woodhouse is the former CEO of RAC Ltd, the second largest UK roadside assistance provider.
Chris has also previously held the following positions:
- Deputy Chief Executive of Debenhams plc following a buy-in backed by CVC, Texas Pacific, and Merrill Lynch Global Private Equity.
- Deputy Chairman of Halfords a buyout backed by CVC. Following a successful Stock Market listing in June 2004 Halfords was judged BVCA large deal of the year.
- Commercial Director and Deputy Chief Executive of Homebase a buyout backed by Permira where a threefold improvement in operating profit was achieved prior to its sale to GUS plc. Following the sale, Homebase was judged European Venture Capital large deal of the year.
- Commercial Director of Birthdays Group following a buyout backed by Permira and PPM ventures.
- Has also held various Finance Director posts including Superdrug, which was then a division of Kingfisher Plc.
He is also a former Chair of Agent Provocateur, the iconic global luxury lingerie brand and the Gondola Group, a market leader in the UK dining sector, operating Pizza Express, Zizzi and ASK, employing over 15,000 people.
Chris is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants, was voted Finance Director of the Year 2002/03 and is also an associate member of the Association of Corporate Treasurers.