Grade 1: £11.92 per hour
Fixed term contract one year, variable hours
We are seeking a Housekeeping Assistant to join our team. As Housekeeping Assistant, you will be responsible for maintaining our guest accommodation facilities, offices and teaching spaces to a high standard of cleanliness and appearance. The Housekeeping department supports up to 22,000 guests per year across our 63 bedrooms.
- Prepare and arrange executive bedrooms and bathrooms for arriving guests efficiently and to a high standard.
- Clean executive bedrooms and bathrooms for residential and departing guests.
- Follow the bed linen schedule for changing and making beds.
- Vacuum clean bedroom floors, stairs and corridors.
- Restock bedroom supplies such as hospitality trays, toiletries and bedroom amenities.
- Assist with the departmental laundry.
- Clean and reset lecture and seminar rooms, often within a tight timeframe.
- Clean toilet facilities at regular intervals throughout the day.
- Clean and vacuum communal areas, lounges, bar, dining rooms, sports centre, reception and offices.
- Conduct deep cleaning as scheduled using appropriate chemicals.
Further information on this role and how to apply can be found in the job description.
What we offer
Your happiness and wellbeing at work matters to us, so we offer a range of family friendly and financial benefits including:
- Flexible hybrid working
- An excellent contributory pension scheme
- 38 days annual leave
- A comprehensive range of childcare services
- Family leave schemes
- Cycle loan scheme
- Membership to a variety of social and sports clubs
- Discounted bus travel and Season Ticket travel loans
To apply please send a CV, cover letter/supporting statement and current salary to email@example.com
Applicants must have the right to work within the UK as this position may not amount to enough points under the points-based immigration system in the UK. For more information please visit the University's Pre-employment Checks webpage.