Fixed-term contract for one year, variable hours
Grade 1: £11.92 per hour
We are seeking a confident and flexible Dining Assistant. The catering and dining room department’s service up to 300 senior executives, academics, business guests, staff and students per day. They provide breakfast, lunch and evening meals, as well as catering for conferences, occasional weddings and other events.
- Set up the dining room for breakfast, lunch and dinner service.
- Replenish tea and coffee sites around the site.
- Greet and seat customers in a courteous and helpful manner.
- Serve and clear food.
- Provide advice for customers on the selection of food.
- Regularly check customer's dietary requirements.
- Ensure that tables and dining areas are always tidy and clean.
You will ideally have excellent customer service skills, along with first-class communication and interpersonal skills. You will have a flexible approach to work, with a high level of professionalism. It is desirable, but not essential, to hold a Food Hygiene Certificate and have experience within the hospitality industry (eg a hotel, restaurant or similar).
You must have the right to work within the UK as this position may not amount to enough points under the points-based immigration system in the UK.
Further information on this role and how to apply can be found in the job description.
We offer very generous benefits including:
- Generous holiday allowance of 38 days including bank holidays
- Hybrid working
- Membership of the Oxford staff pension scheme
- Discounted bus travel
- Subsidised onsite catering
- Cycle loan scheme
- Plus, many other University benefits
To apply please send your CV, cover letter/supporting statement and current salary to email@example.com.