Collections and Instructional Materials Assistant
Fixed-term contract for one year, part time 0.6 FTE
Grade 4: £25,138-£28,759 per annum pro rata
As the Collections and Instructional Materials Assistant within the Saïd Business School's Sainsbury Library, you will work to ensure that the library's collection of printed and digital resources aligns with the educational and research needs of library users. Additionally, you will support the provision of reading lists for our teaching programmes. This role requires close collaboration with colleagues in various Bodleian libraries, faculty and administrative staff, providing a high level of service when staffing the library desk.
- Check programme reading lists for copyright compliance and reference accuracy, obtaining copyright clearance when necessary.
- Place orders for collection items, process acquisitions/withdrawals, and maintain accurate financial records.
- Assist in determining shelf capacity, recommending weeding and relocation to optimise space, and participating in regular stock-taking.
- Staff the library desk as part of a rota, handling circulation duties and providing excellent customer service.
You should possess strong bibliographic skills and a comprehensive understanding of copyright and contract compliance requirements in academic settings. Effective communication and positive interaction with staff, students, readers and colleagues are essential.
You must have the right to work within the UK as this position may not amount to enough points under the points-based immigration system in the UK.
Further information on this role and how to apply can be found in the job description.
We offer very generous benefits including:
- Generous holiday allowance of 38 days including bank holidays
- Hybrid working
- Membership of the Oxford staff pension scheme
- Discounted bus travel
- Subsidised onsite catering
- Cycle loan scheme
- Plus, many other University benefits
To apply please send your CV, cover letter/supporting statement and current salary to email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is 12 noon 8 March 2024.