Oxford 1+1 MBA programme
About the Oxford 1+1 MBA Programme
We live in momentous times. Our society as a whole has never been more prosperous. Yet despite the last century’s many impressive and far-reaching advances, we still face many challenges such as poverty, inequality, economic and social instability, over population and climate change. These challenges call for dynamic, visionary and highly-capable leaders, committed to addressing complex challenges through intelligent, well-developed management skills.
The most effective leaders are able to use a broad understanding of management to translate specific domain knowledge into practical and innovative outcomes.
Here, at Saïd Business School, future leaders are studying how successful organisations appreciate the written and unwritten rules of the game, and how they create new rules through innovation, entrepreneurship and social enterprise.
1+1 MBA = Depth + Breadth
The Oxford 1+1 MBA is a unique, two-year postgraduate experience that combines the depth of a specialised, one-year Master’s degree with the breadth of a top-ranking, one-year MBA.
Through the 1+1 programme, we are partnering with nine other University of Oxford departments to link a diverse selection of MSc programmes to our MBA. As a result, graduates embark from Oxford armed with the skills to translate specific domain knowledge into sustainable and scalable solutions.
Benefits of the Oxford 1+1 MBA Programme:
- Training across disciplines, drawing upon the resources of a world-class university
- Development of two complementary networks of peers and alumni through Oxford's collegiate experience
- Upon completion you will be identified by employers as having detailed subject knowledge, combined with highly developed delivery skills.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should complete the online Oxford 1+1 MBA application, selecting 1+1 under the programme of interest, and must also apply to the MSc of your choice (according to departmental application deadlines).
1+1 Partnering Departments
The following University of Oxford departments currently partner with us on the 1+1 MBA, and more departments are in the process of being added. Please continue to check back for the most up-to-date information.
- MSc Criminology and Criminal Justice
- MSc in Computer Science
- MSc Education (Child Development and Education)
- MSc Education (Comparative and International Education)
- MSc Education (Higher Education)
- MSc Education (Learning and Technology)
- MSc in Sociology
- MSc in Comparative Social Policy
- MSc in Evidence-Based Social Intervention and Policy Evaluation
- MSc in Social Anthropology*
- MSc Visual, Material and Museum Anthropology*
- MSc Cognitive and Evolutionary Anthropology*
- Msc Migration Studies*
- MSc in Social Science of the Internet
- MSc in Biodiversity, Conservation and Management
- MSc in Environmental Change and Management
- MSc in Nature, Society and Environmental Governance
- MSc in Water Science, Policy and Management
- MSc African Studies
- MSc in Contemporary Chinese Studies
- MSc in Contemporary India
- MSc in Modern Japanese Studies
- MSc Latin American Studies
- MSc Russian and East European Studies
- MSc Economic and Social History
*Participation is subject to divisional approval.
We host a series of open days, information events and MBA fairs that give you in-person opportunities to learn more about the Oxford MBA and 1+1 MBA programmes.
If you are unable to visit us in person, our virtual open day provides an opportunity for you to hear from faculty, staff, students and alumni about the programme and their experiences in Oxford.
Visit our YouTube channel to get a better look at what life is like for our students.
Fill out the enquiry form and a member of our Admissions team will be in touch with you.