Skoll Centre for Social Entrepreneurship
Celebrating Oxford Saïd Impact Careers
Are you a Saïd Business School alumnus/a pursuing a high-impact career? If so, we’d love to hear about it.
We work to be a 'world-class business school community, embedded in a world-class university, tackling world-scale problems' and to achieve that, we need to know what global and local problems our alumni are tackling.
Help us acknowledge your impact
Help us help you get in touch with other like-minded alumni and acknowledge your successes. Please fill out this form to let us know about your impact after graduation and how you are using your career to address social or environmental challenges. We are seeking to track, recognise, and celebrate a whole range of high-impact careers, not just the careers of those who have started or are working in a social business. If you are an Oxford Saïd alumni pursuing an impact-focused career, working in any sector, tell us about it, even if you do not yet have proof of impact in your role, as we want to be part of your journey as it evolves.
Build a community
We know there are many of you who are pursuing careers in the public, corporate and entrepreneurial sectors who are dedicated to fostering new ways of thinking and operating in these institutions – ways that take into account the wide and complex challenges facing society. By sharing your story we can support you by connecting you to our current student efforts, alumni peers and celebrating your impact milestones along your journey.
We are also looking to celebrate a number of alumni and recognise former students who are helping us live our School motto.
- We are offering one (1) high-impact alumni a ticket to the 2017 Skoll World Forum on Social Entrepreneurship. This is an invite only event and will be an opportunity for the recipient to network with impact investment organisations as well as enjoy the event’s programme of seminars, plenaries and panel discussions.
- We will also celebrate up to three (3) high-impact alumni by covering their travel and accommodation costs to bring them back to Oxford for an award ceremony* (date yet to be announced) to give them a chance to share their story with the student body and wider Oxford community.
Update – Nominate – Recommend
Tell us about your impact-focused career, including an additional opportunity to nominate other classmates, is open and submissions are accepted throughout the year. To be considered for recognition in the 2017 ceremony sumbit your form by 31 October 2016. Submissions after this date will be considered for next year’s celebration.
The alumni to be recognised will be selected by a panel of Skoll Centre leadership and Saïd Business School faculty.
Oxford Saïd Impact Careers Award criteria:
- Successful candidates will have spearheaded important initiatives on their own or within existing organisations, with proof of positive social or environmental outcomes.
- Graduates may self-nominate or be nominated by another alumnus/na of a Saïd Business School degree and diploma programme. All graduates of Saïd Business School degree and diploma programmes, who completed their course two or more years prior to nomination, can be nominated for recognition (for 2017 recognition, the candidate will need to have graduated in 2014 or before).
- Selections will be made based on evidence of prolonged/deep commitment to solving a particular social or environmental problem, complexity and seriousness of the problem tackled, and evidence of having created a positive impact on the problem.
- Alumni of ANY year are welcome to fill out the form to keep the Skoll Centre and the wider Saïd business school up to date on their impact career focus, not just for award consideration.
*Up to 2 nights accommodation covered, as well as flights to Oxford from destination of residence (or lesser value flight). Award includes recognition at a ceremony at Saïd Business School and appropriate publicity.
The award does not have monetary value and the Skoll World Forum ticket is non-transferable.