The programme is offered on a fully funded basis to small businesses and social enterprise leaders who desire to grow their businesses, create local employment and have scalable business models. This programme is not intended for start-up businesses, sole traders or businesses that are not seeking to grow.
You can also take a look at our FAQ for the programme.
The following eligibility criteria apply:
- The applicant must be the primary owner / co-owner of the business, or the most senior decision-maker if the business is not limited by shares
- The business must have been operating for at least three years and will generally have between five and 50 employees
- The business should have an annual turnover of at least £250,000
- Social enterprise applicants must be commercially operated businesses that achieve their social purpose through trading rather than grant funding
- The business must be scalable and capable of generating additional local employment
- Applicants should not have extensive recent management education
- Preference will be given to those businesses operating in or on behalf of disadvantaged communities or regeneration areas
Cohort 3 - Winter 2017
|Applications now closed.|
|Application closing date||24 October 2016|
|Interviews||28 November - 5 December 2016|
|Final Decision||Early December 2016|
Please hold the following dates in your calendar, your cohort will be determined upon acceptance.
Programme begins (online to fit around your work)
|9- 13 January 2017*|
|First residential (Modules 1-2 at University of Leeds)||
16- 18 January 2017*
(2 days per section)
|Online block to fit around your work (modules 3-5)||23 January - 24 February 2017*|
|Second Residential (Modules 6-8 at University of Oxford)||
27 February - 2 March 2017*
(3 days per section)
|Online block to fit around your work (modules 9-11)||6 March - 31 March 2017*|
|Third residential (Modules 12-13 at Aston University)||
4 - 5 April 2017*
(2 days per section)
|Programme ends||7 April 2017|
*Participants are required to attend all online and residential sessions.
The Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses UK programme currently operates nationally throughout the United Kingdom.
Applications are now closed for the Winter 2017 cohort. Details of how to apply for the Spring 2017 cohort will appear in due course.
The Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses UK programme operates nationally throughout the United Kingdom.
Applications are now closed for the Winter 2017 cohort beginning in January 2017. Details of how to apply for the Spring 2017 programme will be announced in due course.